Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 satellite pulsing white, laptop has no ethernet port

jchristianb
Follower

Orbi RBS50 satellite pulsing white, laptop has no ethernet port

One of my satellites stopped working and the ring on teh top if blinking white.   I've tried power off/on multiple times, and pushed the hard reset with a paper clip multiple times.  The ring on top continues to blink white.

Other articles discuss the need to update the firmware via ethernet.  Unfortunately, none of my computers have an ethernet port.

Is there some other way this can be done?

my router and other satellite are running V2.3.5.30

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50 satellite pulsing white, laptop has no ethernet port

Is same FW loaded on the RBR? 

Is the blinking WHITE ring at the top flashing ON and off or slowly plusating ON and OFF? 

Do you have a friend, neighbor or family member with a PC or laptop with wired connection? 

Reset of the RBS with a button press of 15 seconds then release, should reset the RBS, Then the top ring will flash ON and OFF several times, then it will slowly pulsate ON and off. IF you see this, then press the sync button on the RBR then the RBS and see if the RBS will re-sync to the RBR. You can do this while in the same room with the RBR. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7