Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 vulnerability issue

Ken1985
Follower

Orbi RBS50 vulnerability issue

I am new to orbi system, but just recently installed the system with 2 satellites.  On the included armor security, it mentions a vulnerability issue each associated with each satellite.  Under device manager, it lists the device as DEV-BA:AC:F4 and DEV-BA:AD:21 (both under the category of network) and each specifically for each satellite with the exact IP address as the satellite respectively although the MAC address is different.  Does this mean that a portion is satellite is partitioned off?  The armor security recommends updating the softeware, but both satellite firmware already uptodate at V2.7.2.104.  In any case, I have tried to remove the satelllite and before adding it again as well as start a fresh new setup, but the vulnerability still remains listed although it currently appears as online on my device manager.  Anybody has an idea how to fix this issue?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: Orbi RBS50 vulnerability issue

you may want to post your question here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Ken1985 wrote:

I am new to orbi system, but just recently installed the system with 2 satellites.  On the included armor security, it mentions a vulnerability issue each associated with each satellite.  Under device manager, it lists the device as DEV-BA:AC:F4 and DEV-BA:AD:21 (both under the category of network) and each specifically for each satellite with the exact IP address as the satellite respectively although the MAC address is different.  Does this mean that a portion is satellite is partitioned off?  The armor security recommends updating the softeware, but both satellite firmware already uptodate at V2.7.2.104.  In any case, I have tried to remove the satelllite and before adding it again as well as start a fresh new setup, but the vulnerability still remains listed although it currently appears as online on my device manager.  Anybody has an idea how to fix this issue?

Welcome to the world of Netgear firmware/software.  There could be many explanations:

• Armor is flagging something that would be a vulnerability if exposed to the internet, but is not that serious when exposed only on the LAN side.
  • There really IS a vulnerability in firmware 2.7.2.104 for the satellites (but not the router?) and Netgear has not fixed it (yet, if  ever).

As you have correctly determined, there is nothing you can do about this.  If the report is annoying, maybe Armor has a way to ignore it in future reports?  Does the report describe what the vulnerability is?

Netgear has a community forum devoted entirely to the Armor product.  Perhaps posting the issue in that forum will get a response.

Message 3 of 4
vajim
Master

@vajim wrote:

you may want to post your question here:

Let us know what you find out from the area above

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats