Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50

Orson
Aspirant

Orbi RBS50

I'm trying to change the device name and image in my orbi app as well as my computer. I'm able to change the above and save it but it doen't stay saved.

Please advise.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50

What FW version are you using on the RBR and RBS? 

Message 2 of 5
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

I suspect that you may be running v2.5.0.x firmware, it was retracted by Netgear after many bugs were found including device naming issues.  I suggest upgrading your RBR50 and RBS50 to v2.5.1.8 available from https://www.netgear.com/suppzio fort/product/RBK53.aspx#download

1. Backup your settings of the RBR50 router (in case you need to restore or revert)

2. Download the zip file for both the RBR50 router and RBS50 satellite

3. Unzip the files

4. Manually upgrade the firmware on the RBS50 satellites first using the RBS-v2.5.1.8.img file

5. Finally, upgrade the firmware on the RBR50 router using the RBR-v2.5.1.8.img file

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
Orson
Aspirant

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that you update FW to v2.5.1.8 on the RBS first, then the RBR lastly. Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. This version of FW has working device naming configurations. IT fixed problems with device naming in prior versions of FW.

Use a wired PC to update the FW on the RBS thru the RBRs web page. Then update the RBR. 

@Orson wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7