Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS850 satellite not powering up

Carl11
Follower

Orbi RBS850 satellite not powering up

I bought the Orbi RBS850 with one satellite on September 22, 2020. Today the satellite stopped working. 

It won't power up anymore. I've checked all the connections and tried it in various sockets round the house. Nothing works. It simply won't turn on anymore.

I called Netgear Customer Service and was told that they will only help with hardware problems up to 90 days after purchase. Unless you've bought an extra warranty, which I haven't.

Can this be true? Surely Netgear has to stand by its products for at least a year?

When I pressed the agent on this, and asked if I could speak to someone higher up, she hung up on me. 

Her only advice was to contact the seller to see if they could help. I bought it from Amazon. 

Anyone have a similar experience or any thoughts on how to get the satellite replaced?

Is Amazon my only hope?

Thanks!

Carl

Message 1 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi RBS850 satellite not powering up

Hi Carl11,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system. Regarding your concern, did you purchase the Orbi system brand new? If yes then you will 1-year hardware warranty. Please DM us the case number of your previous call with Customer Service so we can take a look at it.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Orbi RBS850 satellite not powering up

did you try a different power adapter of the same voltage to see if its the power adapter?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7