Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBW30 brakes Plex uPnP

adhodgson
Aspirant

Orbi RBW30 brakes Plex uPnP

Hi,

My setup is an RBR50, 2 RBS50 devices and an RBW30.  I have had an issue with Plex whereby UPnP stopped working meaning I couldn't use my Sonos system with it, and when checking the logs I could see the RBW30 was causing an issue for some reason with the Plex UPnP.  This only started happening a few weeks ago.  I have upgraded to the 2.3.x firmware and reset the devices but still getting the same issue.

I have unplugged the RBW30 (it was used a while ago when I had poor Orbi connectivity on older firmware and fixed the issue at the time but probably isn't needed now), and everything is working again.

The post I made about this pon the Plex board is:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/netgear-orbi-rbw30-causes-upnp-to-brake/386429

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Andrew.

Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Likely since the RBW30 was added to the network and for somereason the UPnP portmap table was not propagated from the Router to the RBW30.

I guess deactivating UPnP in the web GUI and activating again should fix this issue. Have you tried that? 🙂

Message 2 of 4
adhodgson
Aspirant

Hi,

I tried that as I have issues with syncing devices before - a few months ago when making changes I ended up with the guest wireless enabled on one of the sattelite units in the default state even though I never touched the guest options. In any case it doesn't make any difference although I have it working now by making sure the Plex server starts up before the RBW30 is switched on. I do get the errors in the Plex log once the device is turned on (I can duplicate here if required), but the remote access is working now at least. Last night I factory reset all the units and did the setup of all units from the initial setup wizard.

Thanks.
Andrew.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You might have two uPnP servers online instead of one. There should only be one, ether on the Orbi or on the Plex, You might try disabling either uPnP on the Plex and see if this helps. If uPnP is enabled on the Orbi Plex will keep working. 

@adhodgson wrote:

Hi,

I tried that as I have issues with syncing devices before - a few months ago when making changes I ended up with the guest wireless enabled on one of the sattelite units in the default state even though I never touched the guest options. In any case it doesn't make any difference although I have it working now by making sure the Plex server starts up before the RBW30 is switched on. I do get the errors in the Plex log once the device is turned on (I can duplicate here if required), but the remote access is working now at least. Last night I factory reset all the units and did the setup of all units from the initial setup wizard.

Thanks.
Andrew.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7