Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBW30 firmware version v2.6.2.2 - download for manual update corrupted

Elroy99
Aspirant

Orbi RBW30 firmware version v2.6.2.2 - download for manual update corrupted

I have downloaded version V2.6.2.2 of Orbi firmware to manually update one of my satelites but there is no .img file. The install is a fragment with a chk extension. Has anyone successfully downloaded? The software update from the app worked fine for my router and one satellite, but the second satellite was offline so now it is out of synch.

Tried changing the extension to img and go the message that the file was incorrect. With the chk extension message is that it must be .img.

thanks

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@Elroy99 wrote:

I have downloaded version V2.6.2.2 of Orbi firmware to manually update one of my satelites but there is no .img file. The install is a fragment with a chk extension.

Yes, whichever group of engineers developed the RBW30 (wall plug) satellite named the firmware file with a "chk" file extension.

Rather than use the Orbi "app" to update firmware on the RBW30, can you attach directly to the RBW39 with a web browser (by using the actual IP address of the RBW30, such as http://192.168.1.xx  (where 'xx' is the IP address of the satellite).  Then select the Firmware Update menu from the satellite web page.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@Elroy99 wrote:

I have downloaded version V2.6.2.2 of Orbi firmware to manually update one of my satelites but there is no .img file. The install is a fragment with a chk extension.

Yes, whichever group of engineers developed the RBW30 (wall plug) satellite named the firmware file with a "chk" file extension.

Rather than use the Orbi "app" to update firmware on the RBW30, can you attach directly to the RBW39 with a web browser (by using the actual IP address of the RBW30, such as http://192.168.1.xx  (where 'xx' is the IP address of the satellite).  Then select the Firmware Update menu from the satellite web page.

Message 2 of 3
Elroy99
Aspirant

Perfect! Thanks so much for the suggestion, it worked like a charm. I was using the web browser, but logged in to network using the manual update. Didn't realize I could go to the satelite directly. Such a simple solution.

Thanks again.

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7