Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBW30 not supported anymore?

milk242
Tutor

Orbi RBW30 not supported anymore?

So ever since my router received the latest firmware, my third satellite (RBW30) has not been connecting.  I've reset the router and the satellites and tried to resync the RBW30 automaticlaly with the router and it hasn't worked, onlly way is to sync manually.  Once it's synced, if a device does connect to the satellite (like my phone), I have no internet connection.  Noticed it's firmware version is not synced up with the router, which is a first (I think). So m question is does netgear still support the RBW30?  Are they going to update the firmware to match the router and other satellite? Will the iOS app ever work properly again?

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBW30 not supported anymore?

Does the RBW have updated FW? 

@Christian_R

@Blanca_O

Message 2 of 3
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi RBW30 not supported anymore?

The RBW30 firmware did update when the last update occurred, but to a different firmware numerical ID than the 40's and 50's.  In over a year that I have owned my system, the RBW30's in my system have never had the same firmware number as the RBS/R 40"s except the previous firmware (.16). All other times the firmware for the 30's has been different with that exception. The only issue I noticed with the update was that the 30's did not like the daisy chain "off" when before they worked fine (better). This time, when the daisy chain was enabled, the backhaul on the 30's changed from poor to good. However the topology was in the star pattern (hub and spoke) not daisy chain. A firware glitch for some I presume. The current 30's version is 2.2.1.204 and the 40's and 50's is 2.2.1.210. Try the daisy chain reset, then unplug the 30's, wait, plug back in and see if they sync and stay synced.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7