Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RK50

SGoettler
Aspirant

Orbi RK50

Both satellites are working off of the router and one satellite should be working off the other satellite.  How do I get the satellite to connect to the other satellite instead of the router?  It was working fine this way and now it is only connecting to the router.

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

@SGoettler wrote:

Both satellites are working off of the router and one satellite should be working off the other satellite.  How do I get the satellite to connect to the other satellite instead of the router?  It was working fine this way and now it is only connecting to the router.

If wirelessly connected, the distance of each satellite in regard to the router, is going to determine the connection.

If wireless, is daisy chaining turned on?

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@SGoettler wrote:

Have you tried powering off the second satellite, waiting five minutes, then powering it on again?

I have seen reports that when the entire Orbi system restarts because of a power outage, the router "comes up first".  Both satellites are looking for a WiFi backhaul and "see" the router backhaul WiFi signal first.  Once connected, there would have to be a BIG diffference in performance to get a satellite to change backhaul.

Or.... my memory is faulty.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7