Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Rbr50 internet status say error not connected

Tony17493
Aspirant

Orbi Rbr50 internet status say error not connected

Hi all, just recently updated my internet to Optimun 400 so I switched out my modem to NETGEAR CM700. I hooked it up to my Orbi router Rbr50 and I keep getting the error that it's not connected.

I tried a lot of things but none of them seem to work:
1) tried to factory reset the router and set it up as a new system. Still gave me the same error.
2) power cycled the modem, no go
3) switched to AP mode and my laptop that I hardwired get internet but when it's in router mode, it doesn't detect internet
4) switched out the ethernet cable and no go

Previously this work with the other modem NETGEAR CM500 but had to switch this to CM700 because CM500 only go up to 300 speed.
Message 1 of 3
Tony17493
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Rbr50 internet status say error not connected

Also when I hardwire to the modem, Im able to connect to the internet
Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Rbr50 internet status say error not connected

The CM700 is "only a modem".  It has no router capability.  Therefore, the Orbi cannot be placed in Access Point (AP) mode.  What has happened is the computer picked up the public IP address intended for the Orbi.  The modem learned the computer MAC address when it was first connected to the modem.

I would follow these steps:

• Place the Orbi back into "router" mode.  If you cannot get into the Orbi management interface now, I would "Factory Reset" it to place it back in router mode.
  • Unplug the Orbi from the modem.
  • Find the "reset" button (usually a tiny hole) on the CM700 and reset it.
  • After the modem goes through the startup process and stabilizes, plug the Orbi into the modem.
  • A laptop hardwired to the Orbi should find the management setup page at http://192.168.1.1
  • Complete the setup.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7