Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Rbr50

Moneypit
Aspirant

Orbi Rbr50

Can anyone help me with this issue

I currently have an Orbi rbr50 with one satellite which works well but when I recently installed a ring floodlight security camera to the network, I already had a ring pro doorbell installed which also function well until I installed the floodlight, the live view on the ring devices would not connect

The issue seems to that live view when using an iPhone which is connected to the Orbi will not connect .. However when out side the Orbi network I can access live view . It’s as if the Orbi cannot handle the band width of the downstream from the cam and the upstream to the app of the phone.. which seems bizzare as I can FaceTime or Skype across the Orbi network

All other Ring functions work either when inside or outside the Orbi network I have tried the 20/40 coexistence enablement and switch channels on 2,4ghz none made any difference . I have good rssi to both devices and the satellite is hard wired . Have contacted Ring who have no idea why it doesn’t work when on Orbi and since it worked in the past with one device and works across networks it must be an Orbi issue .. Does anybody here have a solution to this problem or experience the same ??
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Rbr50

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

What happens if you temporarily disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast on the RBR and try the iphone again? Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 4
Moneypit
Aspirant

FM is V2.3.1.60

Router is a Virgine Media Hub 3.0      380Mbt/40mbt    Im in the UK

Orbi ia operating in Router mode

Home is 4000SqFt build with brick and cblock internal wallls

Satellite is hardwired and is ca 50 ft away from router.

Using Channel 1 but have swapped from 6 and 11.

Yes some neighbours around hence swapping channel

so I did disable the 20/40 MHz Coexistence

Disabled chaining

Enabled Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for all mobile devices

Enable MU-MIMO

and the all seems to be working, so will have to see if it was the reboot of the router or whether it was the chaining, as i guess that was the issue I I had the satellite connected wirelessly but connectivity was up and down so hard wired it, i didnt dissable the chaining.

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions, I will monitor and slowly make the remaining changes to see if this makes any difference.

thanks again 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7