Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Reboot Required - New Arris Touchstone TG2472

adubsizzle
Aspirant

Orbi Reboot Required - New Arris Touchstone TG2472

Bend Broadband just "upgraded" my modem to an Arris Touchstone TG2472. Since then, I have to reboot my Orbi every time I want to use the internet. It makes it tedious to watch Netflix 🙂

The Arris has the "Enable Wireless" unchecked for both 2.4 and 5GHz...

Any thoughts?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
adubsizzle
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Reboot Required - New Arris Touchstone TG2472

After a bunch of research I figured out I needed the Modem to be in Bridge mode which can be done by following this link:

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/TG862G-NA-Bridge-Mode-Setup

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Reboot Required - New Arris Touchstone TG2472

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7