Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Remote Management INOP

Chuck_M
Mentor

Orbi Remote Management INOP

I am having issues through the Orbi App with enabling and conducting remote management

WScreenshot_20190114-083154_Orbi.jpghen I run the orbi app outside of my LAN, here is the initial screen:  

In this case I am on a external network "Six Gun"

So I select REMOTE MANAGEMENT and I get this screenScreenshot_20190114-083201_Orbi.jpg

And ultimately I get this screen after a fairly long delay

Screenshot_20190114-083212_Orbi.jpg

Nothing can be done from this screen other than go backwards.

I have current firmware (210) and remote management is enabled.

Any ideas?

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Orbi Remote Management INOP

Interestingly enough, after multiple reboots and turning on and off remote management... it started working through the Orbi App.

Thanks much.... have no clue why it suddenly came alive!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

How does the settings in the app look like? You need also to activate it in the app. Not enough to do it in the GUI. This is how it's done in iPhone:

IMG_1629.png

IMG_1630.png

Message 2 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

Will advise as soon as I get home!

Message 3 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

The App has it (and had it) enabled as well as the GUI... but it says it is disconnected as per the image above.

The serial number is correct but there is a red dot next to the router name (RBR50).

Any other thoughts?

Message 4 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

The App has it (and had it) enabled as well as the GUI... but it says it is disconnected as per the image above.

The serial number is correct but there is a red dot next to the router name (RBR50).

I CAN web access the router GUI remotely but the Orbi App doesnt work.

Any other thoughts?

Message 5 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@Chuck_M wrote:

I CAN web access the router GUI remotely but the Orbi App doesnt work.

Any other thoughts?

1. Can you please also try from the Genie app. Go to Remote Management --> Enter your netgear account email and password and then enable Remote Management.

2. Please also check under >>ADVANCED>>Administration>>Logs>> if you see any remote access activity events when you try to login so we know if the remote login attempt was at all reaching to Orbi.

Message 6 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

Interestingly enough, after multiple reboots and turning on and off remote management... it started working through the Orbi App.

Thanks much.... have no clue why it suddenly came alive!

Message 7 of 9
ekhalil
Master

Great @Chuck_M. You are getting close to a fault-free Orbi and wifi network 😉

Keep up the good work!

Message 8 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@Chuck_M wrote:

The remote access is established through an intermediate system in the cloud. It can happen the device (Orbi, Nighthawk, ...) is loosing the connection or fails to re-establish the connection. In a few occurrences, it can be a temporary outage in the cloud systems involved for the remote access.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7