Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Reports Internet Down but It Works Fine

ranjuro
Aspirant

Orbi Reports Internet Down but It Works Fine

Weird thing.

My Orbi works fine, so does the satellite.  Internet is fast and always on.  BUT, when I launch the Orbi app on my iPhone, it claims that my system isn't setup.  Which is weird, because it is.  If I Dismiss, it shows me my Orbi, all systems go.  If I click New System Setup it finds the Orbi, then it tells me that there is no Internet connection.  Which is weird because there is and the Orbi is using it just fine.

This does not keep me from using the thing, but it's just annoying and I don't seem to be able to make it stop.  Nothing exotic in my setup.  DSL modem, DHCP, one Orbi satellite.  Why does the Orbi keep thinking it's not setup and has no internet access while it is setup and has perfectly good internet access?  Speed test works, everything works.  Irritating.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Reports Internet Down but It Works Fine

Have you tried to reinstall the orbi app on your phone?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
ranjuro
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Reports Internet Down but It Works Fine

I have not.  I will try that and see if it helps.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
budy
Luminary

Betreff: Orbi Reports Internet Down but It Works Fine

If your Orbi is running in AP mode, this is normal - at least this is, how it's been for my Orbis from the start.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7