Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Router Configuration

MarkABE
Aspirant

Orbi Router Configuration

I have downloaded the Orbi app and followed the "Quick Start Guide" but I keep getting a "Router Not Setup" message and that my router is not configured. I guess you can figure out that I know zero about this subject.

Help please

Message 1 of 8
ekhalil
Master

We need more information from you to be able to help you please:

- Are you using the Orbi app to setup your Orbi system?

- Which orbi router/satellites are your setting up?

- Which stages have you followed before getting this message? Have you reached to the stage where you are asked to connect to the ORBxx wifi network with the password printed on the router?

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Can you set up the router using a PC that is wire connected to the base router and configure the router using a web browser at orbilogin.com? 

@MarkABE wrote:

I have downloaded the Orbi app and followed the "Quick Start Guide" but I keep getting a "Router Not Setup" message and that my router is not configured. I guess you can figure out that I know zero about this subject.

Help please

Message 3 of 8
MarkABE
Aspirant

I'm using the Orbi app. It's an ORBI RBR50 and it has 1 satellite. I did reach the point where the RBRxxx came up and I did enter the default password. I was also able to change the SSID and enter a new password and it shows that the wifi is connected, but when I open the app it says the rouer is not setup or configured. It asks if I want to do a new system setup, which I have tried about 5 times.

Message 4 of 8
ekhalil
Master

I suggest that you do a factory reset of the router and satellite and do the initial configuration from a computer instead. Connect to the ORBxx network from the computer, log in to orbilogin.com from a browser and follow the instructions.
Message 5 of 8
MarkABE
Aspirant

Thanks. I'll try that

Message 6 of 8
MarkABE
Aspirant

Got it done. Thanks for the help!!!

Message 7 of 8
ekhalil