Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Router - QOS Setup

Orbi Router - QOS Setup

When I go to QOS setting, only see "Speedtest - powered by OOKxx", When I click the speedtest button, it will take a long time to run.  After that, I go to Satellite to check "Connected Device", the message box "Please wait a moment" popup.  But nothing refresh.  I think this is a bug....  anyone can test it?

The solution for "Please wait a moment", I need to restore my backup setting (FW version V1.10.1.2).

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 19
shwnwllms
Tutor

QoS is disabled when Orbi is set to AP mode:

https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Disabled-Features-on-the-Router-when-set-to-AP-Mode

Do you have Orbi set up as a Router or in AP mode? If you have it set to AP mode the speedtest is all that will show up under QoS as everything else is disabled.

Message 2 of 19
steelhorse83
Guide

I just installed a new RBK53 on Sunday.  It is running the latest FW, and it is in Router Mode, but the only thing that appears under QoS Setup is Speedtest.

Message 3 of 19

No, my Orbi Is router mode,

Message 4 of 19
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Same here for AC3000 running V1.10.1.2. I see speedtest and nothing else. Speed test works, but that's all that tab does.

I work from home and need to be able to prioritize my VOIP phone. It will not be recognized by the Orbi as RTP because the stream is inside a VPN tunnel. Even if it was recognized, I need to ensure that it has priority above all the other RTP devices that are streaming entertainment.

This was easy on the WRT54G running DD-WRT. I simply set the MAC of the VOIP device to highest priority.

Message 5 of 19
Mestegall
Star

If in your browser you enter the following after you log in - it will show a QoS page.

/QOS_dynamic.htm

However - when I try this I'm not able to actually "Apply" those settings. 

Anyone know how to solve that? 

Message 6 of 19
BravoRomeo
Initiate

I was able to Apply change on that /QOS_dynamic.htm page by very carefully hovering the mouse on the bottom edge of the Apply button. It seems the page is unfinished and untested. Nevertheless, after hitting Apply I received a dialog about sending my MAC address to "the provider", then had to check the Dynamic QOS box again and hit Apply a seccond time. It stuck. No idea if it actually works. I'm about ready to use Orbi as an access point and move to Mikrotik for more capable routing.

Message 7 of 19
Mestegall
Star

While I was finally able to click "apply" thanks to your advice - I'm still not able to see where/how we can set the priority of how devices are connected to the internet. I have a wireless CPI camera (security) and often it keeps 'dropping' the wifi signal. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when this happens. I'd like to make it a higher priority to see if that will fix the problem. 

Any ideas?

Message 8 of 19
SKK
Guide
Guide

When will Netgear officially support QOS on Orbi ? I have the exact same issue and get occasional disconnects on my main PC and ipphone and want to prioritize them.

Message 9 of 19
sdyarnell
Guide

I also have this issue. I have 2 IP cameras that consistently stop working with the Orbi, but they keep their IP. I am trying to add some QoS prioritization to these cameras in hopes that it maybe makes a difference. With this page being basically blank, I cannot do this.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 10 of 19
Boomerang3
Apprentice

Your issue sounds like signal quality / strength?

Message 11 of 19
sdyarnell
Guide

It is not. I have 45db in both rooms due to the sattelite.

Message 12 of 19
Boomerang3
Apprentice

Yep, hmmm.  I've got both old and new Foscams hooked up, no issues.  Course each camera is different.  So you think its the Orbi dropping the signal or communication?

Message 13 of 19
sdyarnell
Guide

I dont want to hijack this thread, so if I continue to see issues with my camera, I will make a separate post. After disconnecting/reconnecting my phone from the wifi, I can now ping and view my cameras... idk.

To stay on topic, Netgear, please fix the QoS page. I would like control over which devices get priority.

Message 14 of 19
mtbor
Guide

I was having a similar issue with the router freezing (looks like wifi dropping on some devices).  I updated the firmware on both the router and satellite.  Changed the wifi channels my router was operating on, disabled 20/40 coexistence mode, enabled beamforming, and enabled mu-mimo, some of which was at the direction of Netgear support.  I haven't had issues since.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 15 of 19
SKK
Guide
Guide

Let me give a shot to changing above settings and hope it improves.. 

Message 16 of 19
rbk50
Tutor

When will Netgear fix this? 

Seems a persistent problem even in router mode, I only have access to do a speed test on the QoS page, nothing more.

Message 17 of 19
mtbor
Guide

It doesn't seem they care about all of their features working.
Message 18 of 19
jqt
Initiate
Initiate

me too.  Same problem.   Only get the speed test.  If Netgear is listening..  Please fix this fast.  Thanks 

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 35 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7