Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Router RBR40

sxmata
Aspirant

Orbi Router RBR40

I'm having problems hooking my new The Mirror exercise equipement up to my orbi system - Mirror has told me to call my internet provider to have them allow the router to give access to the Mirror but when I called the internet provider they said because I'm using the Orbi and not their wireless router Orbi needs to be the one to call .. who do I call to get this problem fixed 

Message 1 of 12
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Are you getting any kind of messages?  How are you trying to connect?  Please provide as many details as possible.  

Message 2 of 12
sxmata
Aspirant

There is no error message it's just circling,
Message 3 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, they certainly do not make information easy to find.  This page states the WiFi operating requirements:

https://mirror.kustomer.help/en_us/internet-requirements-B1uncOFYQ 

My guess is that this may be one of those situations where the smartphone setup app is not terribly intelligent. (they obviously bought it from somebody - almost every company does).

It might help to try this technique: (it can be done with a single smartphone, but I like to have one device connected to the Orbi web interface separately from the smartphone running the device setup app)

• Access the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net) using the admin credentials user "admin" and the Orbi router password (not the WiFi password)  I do this on my computer, laptop, or tablet
  • Navigate to the Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, Wireless Settings
  • Uncheck the box "Broadcast SSID on 5G Channel". Click "Apply"
    This will cause the Orbi to restart the WiFi and may appear to take a looooong time.

This will not affect any devices which are currently attached to the Orbi at 5G.
  • On the smartphone settings, "forget" the Orbi WiFi
  • Search for WiFi networks and select the Orbi WiFi
  • Enter the WiF password and connect
  • At this point, open the IoT device app and go through the steps to configure it
  • After the device is connected, reverse the steps
    Check the box "Broadcast SSID" and "Apply"
    On the smartphone "Forget Orbi WiFi"
    On the smartphone Search for the Orbi WiFi and connect.
Message 4 of 12
hammie1234
Aspirant

Hi,

I had a Google Nest Router for several years, which included 9 months of The Mirror.  It was fine there.  Google released some bad firmware and cut the internet speeds way down, so I got an Orbi RBR850.

I had a similar issue:  my Mirror was working for one minute, then "Rejoining" for a minute, then "Rejoining" again.  I have a short term fix:  I started a Guest network with my Orbi, and joined the Mirror through that.  Once Mirror was paired with Guest Network (and my cell phone was on Guest), I could run the classes no problem.  I have a call with Mirror tech support in a few days, to see what's going on.  But, that's story.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Be sure to visit the Orbi AX forum for additional help and information regarding Orbi AX system. 

Good Luck. 

@hammie1234 wrote:

Hi,

I had a Google Nest Router for several years, which included 9 months of The Mirror.  It was fine there.  Google released some bad firmware and cut the internet speeds way down, so I got an Orbi RBR850.

I had a similar issue:  my Mirror was working for one minute, then "Rejoining" for a minute, then "Rejoining" again.  I have a short term fix:  I started a Guest network with my Orbi, and joined the Mirror through that.  Once Mirror was paired with Guest Network (and my cell phone was on Guest), I could run the classes no problem.  I have a call with Mirror tech support in a few days, to see what's going on.  But, that's story.

Message 6 of 12
hammie1234
Aspirant

I don't know why a Guest network would work with The Mirror and the regular network does not.  I assume there are less security restrictions on a Guest network (than regular network)?  Can anyone help me find out the specifics on this?

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Guest Network is directly tied to the WAN port connection, thus bypasses the LAN side and router and firewall portions of the RBR. 

Message 8 of 12
hammie1234
Aspirant

Thank you.

Is there a way to "White List" something like the Mirror on the LAN Port?

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

You could try putting the IP address of this one device into the DMZ of the RBR. 

Message 10 of 12
hammie1234
Aspirant

I'm sorry, I tried looking up "DMZ" but 1) Don't know what it is  2) Don't know where to find it on the orbi admin page.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Advanced Tab/Setup/WAN setup:

Default DMZ Server

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation