Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router Showing LAN Port at 100 Meg

stevefxp
Apprentice

Orbi Router Showing LAN Port at 100 Meg

Hello all,

I am new to the Orbi world, having just purchased a router and satellite. I like what I see so far but have a few questions.

Port 1 on the LAN switch of my Orbi router will only show connected at 100M. I have the satellite wired ethernet connection there. When I move it to Port 2 it shows as 1000M. Has anyone seen this? Second with the satellite connected via a wired ethernet backhaul I would expect the wireless backhaul to turn off but it is still operating. How do I turn off the wireless backhaul?

Thanks,
Steve

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Router Showing LAN Port at 100 Meg

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

Be sure the Lan cable is of good quality. Swap lan cables to test. Cat 6 recommended. 

If you can't seem to get 1000Mb on the port, possible the port could be bad. Try testing with different ethernet PC to see if problem follows. 

Message 2 of 5
stevefxp
Apprentice

Its a bad port on the router, so I have to open a ticket for its replacement.

Can you, or anyone else, answer the second part of the question. I am wired ethernet connected between the router and the satellite. It sounds like it will use this connection for the ethernet backhaul, yet I am still seeing the wireless backhaul trading packets in the statistics page. Is there a way to turn off the wireless backhaul, as I would prefer to use that bandwidth(1733) for normal wireless communications.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes with the replacement.

@Christian_R

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @stevefxp

Please let us know if the replacement solves your issue. As for your question, there is no option to turn off wireless backhaul. This would be a great idea to submit at our idea exchange page. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

~Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7