Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Router configured for Region = North America, Orbi Satellite Region = Europe

AzJazz
Apprentice

Orbi Router configured for Region = North America, Orbi Satellite Region = Europe

Hi - I have my Orbi Router configured for Region = North America (This setting appears to be unmodifiable). However, my Orbi Satellite has Region = Europe.

Can I change my Satellite Region = North America? Is there any performance hits that could occurr if my Router = North America and my Satellite = Europe?

Thanks,

AzJazz

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6

Re: Orbi Router configured for Region = North America, Orbi Satellite Region = Europe

hi 

i am seeing similar here with 1 of my sats , its reporting as set to europe even though my other sat and router are set to australia 

i did report this to the dev team but havnt heard much back yet , however it doesnt seem to effect the actual workings of the orbi 

pete

Message 2 of 6
genobkk
Star

I set mine to U.S at setup but now I do not see any settings to change.  I am using mine in Thailand but Regina set to U.S.  I guess it does not matter but thought I might get those extra 2.4 gig channels by changing. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 6
JustATechieKind
Aspirant

I had the same issue.  Support had me update the firmware in the satellite and then the router to the current release. Once the firmware was on the current release, they had me perform a factory reset on the device.  When I logged back in, the satellite was set to North America.  They said a software "ease" (in settings) works most of the time, but sometimes you may need to do a reset to defaults using the pinhole button on both the satellite and router.

Message 4 of 6
AzJazz
Apprentice

Do all the Orbi devices need to be Factory Reset, or just the Satellite?

I have just backed up all my v1.4.0.34 settings, and I want to reinstall them afterwards (I have a ton of customized settings). I hope that the satellite's region isn't one of the saved settings.

Message 5 of 6
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

Just the sats.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7