Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router won't show all connected clients

anon2k2
Aspirant

Orbi Router won't show all connected clients

I'm still having all sorts of client connection issues after a year of tinkering. The most recent thing I've noticed is that on the ORBI "Attached Devices" page, not all my client devices show up. For example, there's no entry that shows that there's a client at 192.168.1.6, yet I know it's there because I can ping it, I can SSH into it, and it's actually providing all expected services.

Since I've actually caught the ORBI overriding DHCP lease reservations and assigning a different IP from what's in the reservation table, I'm worried that if ORBI doesn't think there's a device at 192.168.1.6 it will assign that IP to another client.

Frustrating as all get-out.

Message 1 of 2
Outlawa
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Router won't show all connected clients

I ran into this over the weekend as I was adding the correct names to attached devices vs what the Orbi named them. 

My device was a Denon Helios speaker. It was on the network. It had an IP address. It did not show up as an attached device. But I was connected to it via the app over wi-fi as I'm trying to match the mac address to unknown devices in the map. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7