Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Satellite Addons

RudigerGatt
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite Addons

Hey everyone, ive been researching alot about mesh networks, im moving into my home soon which consists of 2 floors. Ive seen a number of reviews and from the looks of it the nergear orbi is the one :). im going for RBK 50 which consists of 1 router and 1 satellite, if when i purchase this not  enought and i just want to extend slightly, can i buy any satellite model, by it the orbi plug too? 

Thanks 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
mgdurand1
Luminary

I have a fairly large 2 story as well.  I have quite a few devices and some thick walls, and I wound up with 3 satellites.  All work very well together and I am pleased with the Orbi system.  If oyu don;t need strong signal in every room the current configuration you have might be sufficient, but I needed signal in every bedroom upstairs (lots of guests, etc).  Hope that helps.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

I have a 5000sq ft home and use just the base and 1 satellite with 40 feet in between. Have great coverage and performance.

Message 3 of 5
RudigerGatt
Aspirant

The house is a total of 4000sqm, its not all open plan. If i did buy the 2 system package and needed another satetllite, could i buy any orbi satellite or does it have to be a specific model like my package?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

It's best to keep similar model satellite to maintain same wifi speeds across the board. However you can connect different model satellites.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7