Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite Connection via Ethernet

silasgreat
Follower

Orbi Satellite Connection via Ethernet

I have been trying so hard to connect my orbi satellites via cable(Cat5) but it is not communicating. Everything looks good and I am already in AP mode and my firmware version is 2-1-4.0. The satellite is a little wide apart from the orbi router and keeps blinking white. Please help me and treat as urgent.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite Connection via Ethernet

What FW version is loaded on both router and satellite? Should be same.

Did you add the satellite via Wifi first, ensure you get the top led to turn BLUE?

You can do this if you place the satellite near the router, say 10 feet. Add the satelite first via wifi. Get the top led to turn BLUE then it should turn off. Then connect a LAN cable from the Orbi router to the satellite. The top led should come on and probably pulse white ON and off. Then it should turn BLUE. Give 5 minutes. If you get the BLUE led on top then it goes OFF, turn OFF the satellite and take it to the remote place where you want it. Connect up the LAN cable there and power it on. Should be good to go.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7