Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Satellite: Devices disconnecting

Stins
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite: Devices disconnecting

Hi all,

Wondering if you might be able to help me. I've been experiencing drop outs in connections from devices that are connected to the RBS50 satellite, this is both wired and wireless connections and last for around a few sections. It only looks to be isolated to the satellite as it's only those devices connected to it that have the issue. 

I've tried the usual trouble shooting issues of rebooting, re-sync, checking firmware is up to date (V2.7.2.104), placing the units in different locations, checking in both the app and admin portal to ensure connectivity between the satelitte and router is maintained (which it is) and also looking into the logs but to no avail have these worked. 

I can't seem to resolve the issue. I've had the RBR50 & RBS50 for around 4-5 years now and had a couple of minor issues before that I've been able to resolve with the help of the community here but apart from those it's been fine.

Wondering if you great minded people have any suggestions of what to try next? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you describe the "drop outs" in more detail? It sounds like the backhaul link is being interrupted

Message 2 of 10
Stins
Aspirant

Sure! So my work laptop (wireless connection) will drop connection from the satellite and connect to the router and then bounce back to the satellite momentarily later even though my work laptop is about 20cm from the satellite. The satelitte doesn't show any colour rings at the top to suggest something is wrong.

My Xbox connected via an ethernet connection to the satellite will disconnect and often kick me out of the game I'm in and again connect momentarily later - again there is no ring colours on the satellite to suggest anything is wrong. 

Message 3 of 10
MintChocolate
Initiate

I’m getting the same thing. I upgraded to 2.7.2.104 last night and have had nothing but problems ever since. It’s extremely annoying.

Randomly, Zoom and Teams keeps dropping out. Never did that before the upgrade.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 10
cblaze22
Tutor

I have same issue. Just upgraded to that firmware and getting random drops bows and comes back up.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 10
vajim
Master

If you'll do a search you'll see where there are lots of reports of disconnections using 2.7.2.104.

You may want to revert back to a previous version.

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

@cblaze22 wrote:
I have same issue. Just upgraded to that firmware and getting random drops bows and comes back up.

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

@cblaze22 wrote:

care to comment about the firmware issue?

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Seen no problems with my Orbi on v104. Mine was factory reset and setup from scratch.

Even Parental controls work. 

Thanks for asking.

Message 9 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Seen no problems with my Orbi on v104. Mine was factory reset and setup from scratch.

Even Parental controls work. 

Thanks for asking.

with regard to what the user here may be experiencing?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7