Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Satellite Link Rate and Unknown Device?

la79
Apprentice

Orbi Satellite Link Rate and Unknown Device?

Hello I’m using the latest Netgear Orbi App on IOS. I noticed that when my devices are connected to the Satellite I cannot see a link rate under a device found in “Device List.” However any device connected directly to the router shows the link rate.

Also I when I log into the Satellite directly I see a list of devices connected however it lists my iPhone as a “Unknown” device but not in the Orbi App. Any idea why?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@la79 wrote:
Hello I’m using the latest Netgear Orbi App on IOS. I noticed that when my devices are connected to the Satellite I cannot see a link rate under a device found in “Device List.” However any device connected directly to the router shows the link rate.

I have it the other way around! In Orbi app I can see the link rate for all devices connected to the Satellite but not for devices connected to the Router. 

On the other hand I can see all link rates correctly in the Genie app! 

Anyone sees similar behavior? 

Message 2 of 9
la79
Apprentice

That's very weird. I'm using the latest version (2.2.8.14) of the Orbi app at the moment and now I don't see a link rate at all for anything connected to the base station or the satellite. What firmware is your Orbi on? I'm using 2.2.1.210

The Genie app now provides all that info when I am checking from my home network.

Message 3 of 9
ekhalil
Master

I also have Orbi app 2.2.8.14 and Orbi FW 2.2.1.210.
I see the link rate for all devices connected to the Satellite but not for those connected to the Router, as you can see in the picture below:

KaIFnpWoSUCgBkawrKOiCA_thumb_89e.jpg

Message 4 of 9
kans
Aspirant

Same here

Message 5 of 9
la79
Apprentice

@kans and @ekhalil ok, I seem to have the same thing after further research. Also, the Genie App does show all the signal strenght regardless if it is the Base station or Satellite.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe something NG support can pass to NG engineering. 

@Blanca_O

Message 7 of 9
guardia
Aspirant

I am having the same problem as above.  Can someone in support/Dev let us know if this is a known issue?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support for additional help and information on this.

@guardia wrote:

I am having the same problem as above.  Can someone in support/Dev let us know if this is a known issue?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7