Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite Problem

Chucky_uk
Follower

Orbi Satellite Problem

HI - I recently purchased the ORBI kit and have been very impressed but have noticed that the satellite randomly flashes white and then stops after a couple of minutes.

During the night this is very noticeable as I have the satellite within the master bedroom in my house. Why does the satellite do this and is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Also why do devices I have in my master bedroom not connect to the satellite but connect to the router? My firmware is running on the latest release. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite Problem

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Try disabling the following and see:
Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7