Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite RBR50 Not Connecting via Ethernet

Brad_Matthews
Follower

Orbi Satellite RBR50 Not Connecting via Ethernet

New Orbi user. After having poor Etherner connectivity issues with the RBR50 on my 2015 McBook Pro running Mojave, I contacted my Gigabyte Internet provider. We confirmed via their modem directly connected to my MacBook that the fiber line coming into the house was performing as expected. We were able to hit 949MBps (down) and 790MBps (up), so he wiped the devices and he could see the Orbi on his end once reconnected.

We tested the connection on the Orbi again and were unable to get over ~250MBps (down) and ~80MBps (up), so he suggested a few small changes to the Orbi settings but nothing worked.

Before I return the Orbi, what other settings should I be adjusting to achieve better results with the Orbi system.

Thanks,

Brad

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Orbi Satellite RBR50 Not Connecting via Ethernet

What firmware version do you have on the device? A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.)

There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

@Brad_Matthews wrote:

We confirmed via their modem directly connected to my MacBook that the fiber line coming into the house was performing as expected. We were able to hit 949MBps (down) and 790MBps (up), so he wiped the devices and he could see the Orbi on his end once reconnected.

It might also help if you told people what "their modem" is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite RBR50 Not Connecting via Ethernet

Yes would like to know what ISP Modem or ONT is in front of your Orbi router.

What mode is your Orbi running in? Router or AP mode? 

FYI: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-is-not-supporting-900Mb-on-the-WAN-to-LAN-test/m-p/...

@Brad_Matthews wrote:

New Orbi user. After having poor Etherner connectivity issues with the RBR50 on my 2015 McBook Pro running Mojave, I contacted my Gigabyte Internet provider. We confirmed via their modem directly connected to my MacBook that the fiber line coming into the house was performing as expected. We were able to hit 949MBps (down) and 790MBps (up), so he wiped the devices and he could see the Orbi on his end once reconnected.

We tested the connection on the Orbi again and were unable to get over ~250MBps (down) and ~80MBps (up), so he suggested a few small changes to the Orbi settings but nothing worked.

Before I return the Orbi, what other settings should I be adjusting to achieve better results with the Orbi system.

Thanks,

Brad

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7