Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite RBS50 Solid Magenta after Factory Reset

Orbi Satellite RBS50 Solid Magenta after Factory Reset

hi all,

as the title states my orbi satellite may have just crapped out on me but i'm not sure. its on the latest firmware which i upgraded to a few weeks ago and was working fine. its showing the solid magenta ring of death. i've tried factory reset multiple times. have placed it right next to the router to try and sync and still no luck. any suggestions on what do to next or is it toast?

thanks,

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite RBS50 Solid Magenta after Factory Reset

Is the RBS FW the same as the RBR? 

Try a factory reset on the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch...

Message 2 of 5

I have two satellites and both are on the same FW as the RBR but only one is acting up. I've repositioned that one and factory reset it over a dozen times now. 

I was hoping to not have to reset the main router and other satellite but looks like I'll have to try that out. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Also after the reset, swap positions with the working RBS to see if the problem follows. If it still continues, then the one RBS maybe faulty. Something to contact NG about to see if they can help you further. 

Message 4 of 5

Resetting router help get the satellite back but now i've noticed that my playstation is losing connection via lan and wifi.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7