Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite RBS50 only

calisleo
Follower

Orbi Satellite RBS50 only

Hello,

Can i buy Orbi Sateelite RBS50 only can connected to my exisitng router to use to extended my WIFI

Thanks

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Reddking
Guide

Re: Orbi Satellite RBS50 only

Unfortunately the answer is no..

You cannot use the Satellite as a stand alone unit. It requires a functioning Orbi Base device such as an RBR50 to function at all..

View solution in original post

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Reddking
Guide

Unfortunately the answer is no..

You cannot use the Satellite as a stand alone unit. It requires a functioning Orbi Base device such as an RBR50 to function at all..
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

As Redking mentioned you can't use the satellite initially with a different Mfr router. 

I have experienced that after a satellite IS connected to a Orbi system via ethernet backhaul first, and you swap out the base router for something else, if you re-connect the LAN cable to the satellite to the new router, my satellite remained working. I presume that at if the satellite was reset to factory, it would not work again untill it was re-synce with the Orbi system. 

@calisleo wrote:

Hello,

Can i buy Orbi Sateelite RBS50 only can connected to my exisitng router to use to extended my WIFI

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7