Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite RBS50 requires new firmware

GB67
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite RBS50 requires new firmware

RBS50 - - My RBK50 system is recently purchased and upon first installation I cannot get the satellite (RBS50) to sync. The base station works, (AP mode) but the satellite continuously flashes white on the ring LED. I cannot see it on my network, i.e. it appears to have no IP address and I cannot see it in the app. Consequently I am not even sure how to determine the version of its firmware. I have tried factory resetting several times but to no avail. My base station did go through a firmware upgrade so there is a likelihood the base and satellite are on different versions. Please advise urgently how I can get this resolved. 

Further to the above, when attempting the factory reset of the satellite, the power LEDgoes RED, then flashes RED before turning GREEN. Ibelieve I need to install clean firmware onto the unit but do not know how if Icannot connect to it.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Satellite RBS50 requires new firmware

Are you able to connect a ethernet cable to the satellite? if so you will want to go to the Ip address of the unit in the web browser and then login with admin/password and you can manually update the firmware of the satellite unit.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7