Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite RBS50

oabdali
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite RBS50

I have had RBS50 for sometime now like 2-3 years. I have 3 satellites usually connected wirelessly without a single issue. Now I have created a new underground room and connected it using ethernet to one of the satellites (i moved it there). the satellite keeps disconnecting every minute or so. I notice it more when I connect my iphone to it. All devices on firmware v2.7.3.22 any ideas?.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
oabdali
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Satellite RBS50

Connected to RBS and yes Cat6. The satellite has been synced when it was in the other room. It is a bit far to try to connect them wirelessly but i can try…

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the RBS connected to the back of the RBR or another RBS? 

What CAT# lan cable is being used? CAT6 is recommended. 

Did you first sync the RBS to the RBR wirelessly, then after thats synced, plug in the RBS via ethernet cable? 

Message 2 of 6
oabdali
Aspirant

Connected to RBS and yes Cat6. The satellite has been synced when it was in the other room. It is a bit far to try to connect them wirelessly but i can try…
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

As a quick test, does the one RBS connect to the RBR and sync ok? 

Wondering if wiring to another RBS maybe a problem. 

Message 4 of 6
oabdali
Aspirant

Somehow it worked but it is connected wirelessly for some reason. I will keep you updated
Message 5 of 6
oabdali
Aspirant

Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I think i will have a technician to come look at the wiring.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7