Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite RBW30 Firmware Failed

khizarkhan
Follower

Orbi Satellite RBW30 Firmware Failed

I am trying to update the firmware on RBW30 satellite and it keeps failing.

I have even tried when satellite was plugged in very close to the Orbi router.

Currently it shows the following firmware

Orbi Router:

V2.6.2.104

Orbi Satellite

V2.6.2.2

Satellite is trying to download and upgrade the firmware, but it keeps failing.

I am trying to update the firmware on the Satellite manually. When I download the firmware, the file extension is in .chk format. Orbi wont allow this file for manual upgrade. 

Where can I find the .img file for this upgrade. I am not able to find .img file anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
Luke1965
Tutor

Rif.: Orbi Satellite RBW30 Firmware Failed

Hi! I write from Italy and I have the same issue with the failed firmware for Satellite RBW30. The latest firmware should be the V. 2.6.2.2 and currently the satellite shows this one. But automatically is trying to download and upgrade the firmware, but it keeps failing and if i try to search new firmware from IPhone or IPad App the response is: an error occurred on searching new firmware! 

I tried to manually install the previous release V 2.6.1.6 and go fine. But when I upgraded at version V 2.6.2.2. Then the iusse returned again! I think there is a bug in the latest firmware and hope Netgear resolve it. In the meantime have you found a solution? Thanks for your reply and best regards

Message 2 of 6
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

Update the satellite firmware by logging into its own web interface:

• In the Connected Satellites section, find your satellite’s IP address.
  • Enter yoursatellite’s IP address in your webbrowser’s address bar. A login window opens.
  • Enter the same admin user name and password that you entered for the router. The satellite’s status displays.

Message 3 of 6
Luke1965
Tutor

Thanks! I tried to follow your indication but when i Entermy satellite’s RBK30 IP address in my webbrowser’s address bar appear the windows but with this message: 

401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

I tried with my other Satellite RBS 20 and with Ip address in webbrowser show me the correct windows with satellite’s status display! 

Can you help me to resolve? Regards 

Message 4 of 6
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

Is it prompting you for a user name and password?

Try using another web browser or select a private session with your current browser.

The user name is normally admin and the password should be the same one you log into the router with.

Message 5 of 6
Luke1965
Tutor

Thanks a lot! With another browser (opera) works fine! The satellite rbw 30 status shows correct working (green indication) and version firmware 2.6.2.2 (the latest)

But if i go to own orbi web interface on page firmware upgrade for rbk 30 it shows version 2.6.2.2. Correct Installed version but automatically try to download a new (?) version but every time appears the message "update failed". 
I think is a bug... I hope Netgear resolve it. 
thank you very much, best regards 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7