Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite Will Not Factory Reset or connect to router?

vzts4q
Star

Orbi Satellite Will Not Factory Reset or connect to router?

Thought I would try the wired backhaul on my setup again. Wrong move doing so has bricked the satellite. Pushing the reset has no affect power light never changes from green. Also no halo lights ever come on. I have searched without sucess for this issue.

So is there a way to rorce a reset other than pushing the reset button with a paper clip. Firmware on the router is V2.2.1.210

A unrelated probem is Firefox will not load the firmware screen. I have to use Microsoft edge.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite Will Not Factory Reset or connect to router?

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support and have them help you with the satellite. Possible it may need to be replaced.

@Blanca_O

@vzts4q wrote:

Thought I would try the wired backhaul on my setup again. Wrong move doing so has bricked the satellite. Pushing the reset has no affect power light never changes from green. Also no halo lights ever come on. I have searched without sucess for this issue.

So is there a way to rorce a reset other than pushing the reset button with a paper clip. Firmware on the router is V2.2.1.210

A unrelated probem is Firefox will not load the firmware screen. I have to use Microsoft edge.

Message 2 of 6
vzts4q
Star

It is out of warranty and the cost the replace just a satellite is only $25.00 less than a whole new set. I would still like to fix this if at all possible. I have seen links where you can use telnet for firmware updates on the router. Wondering if that is possible on the satellite?

I have already bought a replacement. But if I could fix this I could sell the old set to help get back some money.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 6
vzts4q
Star

Thanks I'll try this after the holidays.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Not sure if this will work:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Try using the TFTP client thats built into windows as well...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Solution-to-fix-Orbi-Satellite-flashing-white-forever-failed/m...

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope it works for you. Good Luck.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7