Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite cannot be found after fail update of firmware 2.0

cyruskakashi
Aspirant

I just bought my Netgear Orbi RBK50 last week and everything is normal at the very beginning.

I tried to manually update the firmware on my Orbi WiFi System to the latest version V2.0.0.7.

I have downloaded the file RBS50-V2.0.0.72 and RBR50-V2.0.0.72. Then i follow the step as https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite

I update the firmware of the Orbi Satellite first, i followed the step and click the upload button and select the right .img file and click "upload". After a minute, the screen jumped to an error page. And i cannot find my Orbi Satellite anymore in the orbilogin.com system page.

The Orbi Satellite is disconnected and cannot be found anymore.

I tried the reset it. but even i hold the little reset button for more than 10 seconds it does not turn orange and do not have any response.

My Orbi Router work normal now but the Orbi Satellite cannot be found. What can i do?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
cyruskakashi
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Satellite cannot be found after fail update of firmware 2.0

I am not even sure is the Orbi Stallite's firmware sucessfully update to V2.0.0.72 now...

Because it jummed to error while it uploading and cannot even conncet to the router now

how can i check?

i tried to reset the router but it doesnt work

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 3
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi Satellite cannot be found after fail update of firmware 2.0

YOu have to hold the reset for 30 seconds.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7