Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite fails to sync to router

Davidporges
Follower

Orbi Satellite fails to sync to router

Despite my best efforts my Satellite refuses to connect to my Orbi Router. I've tried syncing it both thorugh the website and manually via the sync button and both won't work. the satellite pulses white for a long time before pulsing magneta and then powering off. I live in a small apartment and I've even tried syncing both devices when they are a centimeter apart from each other.

Any help with this? 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Orbi Satellite fails to sync to router

This should not be.  Try resetting your satellite to factory settings and starting over with it: https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings?cid=wmt_netge... . If that fails to succeed, I recommend contacting Netgear support to help you and see if they have any other solutions or suggestions.  Otherwise, you may have to return/exchange your satellite as maybe it's a bad unit.

Message 2 of 3
Hydro130
Luminary

Re: Orbi Satellite fails to sync to router

In just a small apartment, Orbi is probably not a good system for you...  

If the router and satelite are too close together (as they likely would be in a small apartment), then the overlapping wireless coverage from each unit will likely cause ongoing connection problems for your devices (since they'll have two strong newtwork "sources" to constantly be choosing between).

A traditional single-unit router would be a better choice for use in a small apartment.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7