Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite has a solid white ring like it's stuck in boot up mode

mjmusial73
Initiate

Orbi Satellite has a solid white ring like it's stuck in boot up mode

Installed the RBK53 setup in my house about a year ago and recently i notices some strange internet issues.  It showed i had full signal but in one area of the house we were getting no or limited data going through.   I checked the Orbi satellite thats close to that area and the ring up top is stuck solid white.  I looked it up and it means it's in boot up mode.  I tried powering it on/off, holding the reset button on the back with a paperclick but nothign works.  The power led on the back stays green and the ring up top stays solid white.

Logging into the Orbi router only shows it's hooked up to one satellite, the one that stuck solid white is missing and not connected according to the Orbi router.

Any ideas?  I want to contact support but it's past 90 days and it seems I have to pay $50 to even talk to someone at netgear?  

Thanks for any help.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
mjmusial73
Initiate

Re: Orbi Satellite has a solid white ring like it's stuck in boot up mode

And just to confirm there is no other option for contacting support outside the 90 day window besides paying for support? $50/time or $229 a year?

So for Netgear is really impressing me......with their cash model.   Create a user based support group that end users can help each other for free (which is great... for us and them) but when it comes to company tech support your SOL after 90 days...  90 days, I spent almost $400 on an Orbi setup because my Linksys Nighthawk crapped the bed after 6 months, hoping ORBI was the answer... and now the same stuff is happening.  

Good news though, I got a Netgear Community Badge for making my post!  This will make my mom proud and really get that Orbi satellite up and running...    I had to inject a bit of humor in this post so i don't sound like I'm just ranting.

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Mjmusial73

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
PKNL
Aspirant

After factory reset attempt, Orbi ring light is on permanently.
Restarting gives a blinking ring for a while, the soft blinking for a while, then a ring that’s on constantly. How do I get rid of this?
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 4 of 5
st_shaw
Master

That is normal behavior for an add-on satellite.

See "Sync an Add-On Satellite" on page 20 of the user manual

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7