Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite has solid Magenta in AP mode

pvin2011
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite has solid Magenta in AP mode

Hi, I have an Orbi Satellite RBS20 along with RBR50. I recently changed my ORBI to be operating in AP mode. Since then, my Satellite constantly has magenta led light always on. Apart from this light always on, everything seems to be working. Is this a known bug or as designed?

thanks,

pvin2011

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite has solid Magenta in AP mode

May be that the RBS isn't getting an IP address from the main host router. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Power OFF the RBR and RBS for 1 minute. 

Is the RBR configured with a Dynamic IP address or Static IP address? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Bring the RBS near the RBR and re-sync them. 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@pvin2011 wrote:

Hi, I have an Orbi Satellite RBS20 along with RBR50. I recently changed my ORBI to be operating in AP mode. Since then, my Satellite constantly has magenta led light always on. Apart from this light always on, everything seems to be working. Is this a known bug or as designed?

thanks,

pvin2011

Message 3 of 6
pvin2011
Aspirant

Hi, I just tried this last night and it looks like after turning off the router and satellite for 1 minute the magenta light has gone out. I will keep an eye out and see if this happens again. 

The firmware version on router and satellite is V2.5.1.16.

Thanks,

pvin2011

Message 4 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@pvin2011 wrote:

Hi, I just tried this last night and it looks like after turning off the router and satellite for 1 minute the magenta light has gone out. I will keep an eye out and see if this happens again. 

Thanks,

pvin2011

Living in arguably the lightning capital of the world, I experience many power brownouts, causing preipherals to reboot, shut down or lock up. Most my gear is on UPS units. But 1 Orbi is not. That one sometimes has the magenta light or reboots and loses all the connected devices, because they redirected themselves to the next closer Orbi. Shutting off and turning back on brings it back up. Half the time the closer devices reconnect. Other times I have to forget wireless network on the device and relogin itno the WIFI. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Wink

@pvin2011 wrote:

Thanks,

pvin2011

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7