Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Satellite resetting itself

Orbi Satellite resetting itself

Hello I have had an Orbi router and satellite for 2 weeks and finding that the satellite resets itself once or twice a day.  With no warning my connected ethernet devices all drop, satellite seems to reset, flashes white a few times before going solid blue then led goes out as i expect but it means no network to my work laptop for 2 minutes each time.   Router is fine, wireles devices stay on network so it's just the satellite.  I'm on latest firmware as well.  Anyone else experience this?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions

I think I resolved my problem (thanks to Pete's suggestion).  I turned off the Dect phone which was in same room as Satellite and switched Sky Q to use ethernet instead of it's own mesh network.  I've gone more than 30 hours without a Satellite reboot which is excellent!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies

sounds like ether the sat is too far away from the router and is having connectivity issues or there is interference causing the backhaul to drop

how far and how many walls between router and sat and by chance is anything running when the drop out occours eg like a microwave or other wifi like cordless phone etc

pete

Message 2 of 7
iamsteadman
Aspirant

I was having the same issue this morning, but since I updated the firmware, things seem to have been OK. I'm concerned my satellite may be too far away but - fingers crossed - the firmware update seems to be holding up. Maybe give that a try.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 7

Hi Pete thanks for your reply.  I dont see any commonallity when this happens.  Microwave is not being used.  We have DECT phones in t he house but they havent been used in months. The Disance between the Router and Satellite is about 15 meters, router in hallway on ground floor, Satellite on 1st floor in y study.  There's no walls in between when doors are open, but not line of sight either. 

i ahve two other wireless networks in the house, Sonos and Sky Q, both of which work on their own mesh network.

It is becoming a challenge fo me as its impacting my work, cant afford to have unexpected dropouts when i'm on a Lync video call and wasn't getting the dropouts on my previous setup which was a single Asus 87U router.

Message 4 of 7

suggest you turn of those other 2 wifi networks and see if the orbi then performs as it should , you may find out a replacement orbi system may be better but first see if interference is a cause 

also try looking at what wifi channels are being used by all the systems and see if you can separate them 

pete

Message 5 of 7

Good advice. Cheers Pete
Message 6 of 7

I think I resolved my problem (thanks to Pete's suggestion).  I turned off the Dect phone which was in same room as Satellite and switched Sky Q to use ethernet instead of it's own mesh network.  I've gone more than 30 hours without a Satellite reboot which is excellent!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7