Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite will not reset - no flashing amber light

JJKim
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite will not reset - no flashing amber light

One of my satellites stopped working suddenly. I've tried to reset multiple times - including holding it down for over a minute - but the power light does not flash nor is there any light at all coming from the top. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite will not reset - no flashing amber light

So unplug the RBS from the power for 30 seconds, Then plug back in. press the reset button for 15 seconds only. Then let go. Does the top ring LED start to blink?

If not, I recommend the RBS be replaced.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Oh, geez.  So, the power LED is green (not "nothing"), you can hear or feel the "click" when the paperclip goes into the tiny "Reset" hole, but the power LED never changes?

If the regular factory reset process doesn't work, @michaelkenward described an undocumented way to get an Orbi to factory reset:

Press paperclip in reset hole for 30 seconds
Keep pressing paperclip while removing power
Keep pressing paperclip for another 30 seconds while apply power

Message 3 of 5
JJKim
Aspirant

Thanks CrimpOn for the advice. I was on the phone earlier with technical support and they had me do the same thing. Power light never changed so they're going to replace the satellite.
Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

You got them on the PHONE?  Wow!  My 90 days ran out two years ago (warranty, too).  If mine breaks, it's back to Costco I go.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7