Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite won't downgrade

Hawk600
Star

Orbi Satellite won't downgrade

Does anybody knows what is going on with my RBS50?  This new firmware 2.2.1.210 is bad and keeps dropping the connection with the router.

I tried to manually downgrade the firmware and after starting the process it says is loading and completes at 100% with no error but after it reboots it still in the latest firmware 2.2.1.210, done it 5 times same result....

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satelite won't downgrade

Try a different browser, IE11, FF or Opera. Do a factory reset on the satellite. Hold in the reset button until the top LED turns on AMBER then let go. 

Message 2 of 4
Hawk600
Star

Thank you FURRYe38, I tried all your suggestions, none worked!

I am not sure what is going on since I downgraded the firmware on this satellite before without issues. I am just wondering if NG is either locking downgrades now or the version I am trying to upload is too old, tried 2.0.0.74 and 2.0.1.4.

The process works fine and I see the upload process screen complete @ 100%, than it times out and when it is back the current firmware still there!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Well maybe it's not necesary to downgrade the satellite. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7