Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellites backhaul status in Config Sync

rlpete
Aspirant

Orbi Satellites backhaul status in Config Sync

All three of my satellites show in config sync backhaul status.  I have attempted a rest and reboots yet I can not get them out of that status.  Anyone had that issue and resolution?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
Cmo1
Apprentice

Re: Orbi Satellites backhaul status in Config Sync

you need to give the network about 5 minutes after it's completewd booting to complete the backhaul config process.  Also, you will likely need to unpolug the cables between the rputer and satellites and then once network reboots, plug them in one at a time until you see stability.

Message 2 of 5
rlpete
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I am confused by the comment of the wires between the satellites. There are not hardwired connecting the satellites. Also, I have had them on the network for 12 hours now and still say “config sync”.
Message 3 of 5
Cmo1
Apprentice

I apologize. I use the wired back haul on mine. Is your router in the middle and then your satellites are at either end of the house, or is the router at one end and satellites in middle and at other? If so, then make sure Daisy chain is turned on. Are you getting a blue light on top of the satellites? And are the router and satellites on the same firmware? If the answers are yes to the questions, then I'd say a factory default reset may be the only thing left
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would set up each satellite, one at a time, until the top led turns BLUE once the wired back haul is working. Definatly give 5 minutes for the system to configure each satellite when you connect the LAN cable between the router and satellite.

I would also set up a IP addresss reservation as well for each satellite.

I would also set up the system with ALL other devices disconnected from the router, while you set up the satellites for wired back haul. Once you get that all set up and running. Then connect the rest of the network devices.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7