Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Sattilite synchronization

GEAMO
Aspirant

Orbi Sattilite synchronization

I rebooted by Orbi System after seeng the news reports asking that all users reboot routers because of malware. The router came back on line, but the sattelite will not. It flashes white, but does not go the solid white, even after unplugging and plugging it in several times and in multiple locations. Nothing happens when I push the sync. button. The app shows that the sattelite is offline. I've been on hold waiting for tech suport for an hour and a half. Can someone in the community help me?

Thank you!!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Sattilite synchronization

What is the distance between the satellite?

Try a factory reset of the satellite, then re-add it. Reset holding the back button on the satellite until the top LED turns amber, then let go.

Message 2 of 5
GEAMO
Aspirant

The distance between the main unit and satellite is about 20 feet. They are on different floors, but there is no significant structure between the two units.

I tried what was suggested. The main unit came back on line and I was able to log in as admin. but I still cannot get beyond the flashing white light on the satellite.  I tried resetting the satellite. Even though I never got a steady white light, I tried pressing and holding the sync button for 90 seconds. Neither allowed me to get beyond the flashing white light. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Normal operational distances between are 30 feet starting. You may have the satellite too close. The router alone can operate and cover up to 30 feet by itself. I would try moving the satellite a bit farther away. I have 1 satellite set at 40 feet. Solid connection.

When resetting the satellite, wait for the amber LED on top. Then release the button. The top LED will flash ON and OFF white. Then instead of flashing ON and OFF, it will slow to a slow ON and OFF white, like it's breathing. The flash ON and OFF is the satellite/router booting process. The slower breathing ON and off is the unit at the ready. If your not getting the slower white ON and off, then there maybe a problem with the satellite unit.

Message 4 of 5
GEAMO
Aspirant

The suggestions in the most recent post do not work. I guess the problem may be with the satellite. Thank you for trying to help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7