Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Setup

stevefxp
Apprentice

Orbi Setup

I am setting up CBK40 to replace my current cable modem/router. Do I need to be wired Ethernet connected, to do initial config or can I connect to the CBK40 wirelessly? I have a laptop but does not have a wired Ethernet port.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Setup

You can set up the Orbi with a WiFi connection.  (Wired ethernet is just "easier".)

The WiFi name and password are printed on the product label.

Use those credentials to connect to the Orbi, then a web browser to connect to "orbilogin.com".

It will walk you through the setup.

At some point, it will ask if you want to change the WiFi name and password.  This is where I (personally) change it to the WiFi name and password of my previous WiFi system so that all of my devices will connect automatically.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

You can set up the Orbi with a WiFi connection.  (Wired ethernet is just "easier".)

The WiFi name and password are printed on the product label.

Use those credentials to connect to the Orbi, then a web browser to connect to "orbilogin.com".

It will walk you through the setup.

At some point, it will ask if you want to change the WiFi name and password.  This is where I (personally) change it to the WiFi name and password of my previous WiFi system so that all of my devices will connect automatically.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
stevefxp
Apprentice

I thought I could do it wirelessly but could not remember. I am doing this remotely for my daughter, so all should go ok. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7