Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Solid Magenta appearing on one satellite

xantari
Star

Orbi Solid Magenta appearing on one satellite

One of the satellites is showing this randomly, was working fine for days.

Where are the logs located on why it is doing this? I logged into router, but couldn't find the details.

File_000.jpeg

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8

indicates that the sat is losing connectivity with the orbi router , suggest you move the sat closer to the router 

Message 2 of 8
aruit
Guide

I have the same problem and it has nothing to do with the distance between the Orbi Router and Orbi Satellite.

Because the Orbi Router and Orbi Satellite have a good connection for one day, some day and sometimes a whole week.

After the connection drop, which cause the Orbi Satellite to turn on Magenta, the connection comes back again, but the Orbi Satellite stays burning solid Magenta.

Who can I find out what is causing the connection drop and why is the Magenta light of the Orbi Satellite not going off after the connection is back again?

Message 3 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to try an upgrade to the latest firmware 1.4.0.34 see if this corrects the issue.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 8
aruit
Guide

Hello Darren,

I have last week Thursday downloaded the new firmware 1.4.0.34 and rebooted both the Orbi router and satellite.

Until now, almost a week further, the problem did not occur.

When after next weekend the problem did not occur, I think that I can report that the problem is solved with the new firmware.

Kind regard,

Anton

Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for reporting back with that info to confirm that it may be fixed. and for anyone that still has the issue after upgrading may want to factory reset the router after the FW upgrade.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 8
aruit
Guide

Hello Darren,

My Netgear Orbi is now running without the solid Magenta light problem, so this problem is really solved with firmware 1.4.0.34.

Thank you for the support,

Anton

Message 7 of 8
aruit
Guide

I was only looking at the Satellite, because that was my problem, and the light of the Satellite did not burn Magenta for several week.

But today I was looking at the Router and I found the light of the Router burning Magenta.

In Netgear Genie I could not find the IP address of the Router, but I found the IP Address of the Satellite and I could ping to the Satellite.

With Wifi Analyzer I saw that both the Router and the Satellite where sending wifi signal and by walking from Router to the Satellite it was switching from signal.

The wifi of both are working, but still the Router is burning Magenta.

So the firmware update solved the Satellite to burning solid Magenta, but did not solve the Router to burning solid Magenta.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7