Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Speed Drop & Needs Reboot - RBR 50 & RBS50

anirban3
Aspirant

Orbi Speed Drop & Needs Reboot - RBR 50 & RBS50

Hello Everyone, 

My ISP Connections gives me ~ 350MBPS Download & 350MBPS Upload. For the Last few days I'm getting 90 MBPS on the RBR & RBS. While if I reboot I get it at  > 320 MBPS upload and download. But in a few hours it drops to ~80-90mbps. Which when I hard boot the router again goes back to > 320MBPS. 

I have 10 devices connected 

- Samsung Smart TV 

- Amazon Firestick

- 3 Smart Phones

- 2 Ipads. 

- 2 Laptops

- 1 Smart Hub

I'm running the latest firmwar on RBR & RBS - V2.7.2.104IN. 

Connection Type 5 Ghz

Can someone please help resolve this. 

Thank you 

Anirban

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
anirban3
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Speed Drop & Needs Reboot - RBR 50 & RBS50

When I check for a Firmware Update. It says its up to date. Which one do you recommend. 

anyone else with the same firmware facing the same issues. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Speed Drop & Needs Reboot - RBR 50 & RBS50

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Traffic Meter, Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@anirban3 wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

My ISP Connections gives me ~ 350MBPS Download & 350MBPS Upload. For the Last few days I'm getting 90 MBPS on the RBR & RBS. While if I reboot I get it at  > 320 MBPS upload and download. But in a few hours it drops to ~80-90mbps. Which when I hard boot the router again goes back to > 320MBPS. 

I have 10 devices connected 

- Samsung Smart TV 

- Amazon Firestick

- 3 Smart Phones

- 2 Ipads. 

- 2 Laptops

- 1 Smart Hub

I'm running the latest firmwar on RBR & RBS - V2.7.2.104IN. 

Connection Type 5 Ghz

Can someone please help resolve this. 

Thank you 

Anirban

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7