Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Starter Kit RBR50 (Router Only)

cjuliom
Initiate

Orbi Starter Kit RBR50 (Router Only)

Hi, im looking for a Orbi starter kit (Router only) for my apartmet (1500 sq ft ) built whit briks walls.

I have a question about its solo preformance, if it isn`t working whit a satellite it means that is only a dual band AC1267 (400 + 867) router ? because the other (1733) is for back-haul. Or it can work whit all tri band alone. Or maybe i better just buy a Nightawk AC2300 ?. 

To consider we are 3 people: 3 smartphone, 3 laptop, 2 smarTV and a Xbox One. My conexion its 40mb ADSL  (its a lot in my country, jaja  ). Im looking for strong signal and stability. I dont like to have to restar the router all the time like happend to me whit a Tp-Link some years ago. I just want that work allways and forget that it exists.

Thaks for your opinon, greetings from Colombia.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

The backhaul radio is available for the backhaul only.  If you buy the router alone with no intention of buying a satellite, you would be paying for an expensive 4x4 backhaul radio that would never get used. If a single AP can provide the coverage area you need, you'd be better off with another solution.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

The backhaul radio is available for the backhaul only.  If you buy the router alone with no intention of buying a satellite, you would be paying for an expensive 4x4 backhaul radio that would never get used. If a single AP can provide the coverage area you need, you'd be better off with another solution.

Message 2 of 3
cjuliom
Initiate

Thaks a lot st_shaw, i will take your advise. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7