Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50)

Stephsou
Aspirant

Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50)

Our internet provider is Vodafone and thus we have their router installed. I followed all the advice on setting up my Orbi and Satellite and switched off the Wi-fi from the Vodafone router. I just can't get my Wi-fi working properly, it's spotty, it drops, I live in a small cottage and it yet I have blind spots (the whole reason I got the mesh system I the first place). I just don't know what to do. I am no better off than I was before spending £200+.

Message 1 of 6
vajim
Master

Re: Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50)

if the vodafone router is handling the wifi and DHCP then perhaps this will help:

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Message 2 of 6
Stephsou
Aspirant

Thanks @vajim  - I already tried that. The other issue is getting things to connect to the satallite. I have an Amazon echo device and my desk with my laptop litterally right next to the satalitte and yet they connect to the main RBK50 device instead

Message 3 of 6
vajim
Master

@Stephsou wrote:

Thanks @vajim  - I already tried that. The other issue is getting things to connect to the satallite. I have an Amazon echo device and my desk with my laptop litterally right next to the satalitte and yet they connect to the main RBK50 device instead

sorry to hear

if posssible get rid of their router (ISP)

Message 4 of 6
Stephsou
Aspirant

@vajim , not sure I understand what you mean

Message 5 of 6
vajim
Master

@Stephsou wrote:

@vajim , not sure I understand what you mean

in your first post you sais this...."Our internet provider is Vodafone and thus we have their router installed. "

Do you need 'their' router?

and perhaps this will:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBK50-AC3000-connection-to-vodafone-router/m-p/1778354

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7