Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Troubleshoot

gandres2
Follower

Orbi Troubleshoot

The past several months I have noticed my internet connection has been on/off.  I thought it was my internet provider but they said they checked my signal and it is fine.  They said it might be the router I am using.  My WiFI connection to my ipad does not work well and cell phone connection using AT&T M-cell cuts out quite a bit so I think it might be the Orbi unit.  How do I troubleshoot the problem?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Troubleshoot

Are you on the latest firmware? Have you tried to adjust the wireless channels on your wireless networks? In the advanced wireless settings have you tried to enable beamforming and MUMIMO?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
ncharity
Aspirant

I am having the same disconnect problems with my mobile phone (Samsung S6). The disconnects occur both when I move around the house, but also when the phone is not being moved. I have already done the following:

Firmware updated to the latest version: V2.1.1.16

Turned off Daisy-Chain Topology

Turned on BEAMFORMING, MU-MIMO, Fast Roaming

The device is being used in bridge mode, but the problem is NOT to do with my Modem/Router. I have checked any DCHP / IP clashes, and the disconnects don't happen with this first Modem/Router (when I turn it's wifi on).

My house is modern and has thick walls/ceilings that make wifi difficult. We have had difficulties filling the space with wifi from "cheaper" routers, so I decided to invest - for me - really serious money at three times the cost of any router I have ever bought to finally solve the problem. I am bitterly disappointed with Netgear that buying this state-of-art, "best on market" device is resulting in connection problems. If these cannot be cleared up I will be returning the router in the next few months. When the connection is present however, the quality is really good and solves my problem. I would therefore beg Netgear support to provide me with a solution.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
ncharity
Aspirant

More feedback:

When I turned on Fast Roaming I believe the problems became worse. Connection was lost within a couple of minutes. I have now turned it off and, even though the disconnects are still occuring, they are less frequent. Hope to get some feedback on this issue from Netgear before teh Christmas break.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
Madrigal4747
Aspirant

I gave up on Orbi. I went through all trouble shooting online and when I went to call for support, I was told that I was outside of the 90 days free support window and I would have to pay for premium support. I feel that I should not have to pay for support on a product that I paid so much money for. I'll never purchase any other Netgear product again.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7