Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi USB NAS support

Tutor

Orbi USB NAS support

1. When is Netgear planning to release the firmware update what would enable the provided USB port functional? I don't understand what's taking them so much time to release the firmware update.

2. Why 2 apps for logging into Orbi? The Orbi app and Genie app. Can these two be integrated? They need to be enhanced and made more functional. The Genie app looks so old and worn out. In this application era how can Netgear lag behind in designing a nice comprehensive app for its devices? 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello avatar123

No information on the USB port at this time and we are looking to upgrade the features in the orbi app in the future.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 12
Nsiddons
Apprentice

I agree 100% about the app. I looked at a clients eero and they have such a comprehensive app with data speeds and more

Message 3 of 12
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

On the 11 Jun 17 @peteytesting wrote

well it seems one of the requests has been activated with the usb 2 ports now working for both printer and usb dongle and hdd for sharing

and went on to clarify

yes seems to in the beat release that been passed out , no detail yet on config or anything else

It looks as though although in the beta release it is not in the publicily available firmware. Fingers crossed things go well and it makes it to general release.

Message 4 of 12

yes a beta release that has been handed out to some public users and was reported by one of those users as working

Message 5 of 12
Nsiddons
Apprentice

I would be interested in joining the beta program. I wonder if the final release of the update will support Apple time machine, I'm guessing it would be great either way.

Message 6 of 12
BigLou
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat, I guess I should have researched this more before buying.  I just purchased the RBK50 today and expected to be able to connect my external HDD for Time Machine backups.  All I get when trying to connect is "There are no shares availaboe or you are not allowed to access them on the server."  The "orbilogin.com" configuration doesn't have a page to setup a HDD, it currently only has a page for ReadySHARE Printer.

If there is a beta program or a firmware upgrade (since the last reply in June), I am interested in joinging as well.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 7 of 12

@Nsiddons wrote:

I would be interested in joining the beta program. I wonder if the final release of the update will support Apple time machine, I'm guessing it would be great either way.

never said it would support apple TC , just that its usb dongle and hdd connectivity will actually work

Message 8 of 12

@BigLou wrote:

I'm in the same boat, I guess I should have researched this more before buying.

might have been a good idea

@BigLou wrote:

I just purchased the RBK50 today and expected to be able to connect my external HDD for Time Machine backups.

@BigLou wrote:

All I get when trying to connect is "There are no shares availaboe or you are not allowed to access them on the server."  The "orbilogin.com" configuration doesn't have a page to setup a HDD, it currently only has a page for ReadySHARE Printer.

if the ip address is the default on type \\192.68.1.1 into windows file explorer

the beta testing is full and you may have to wait for further fw updates , btw what fw are you on as you may need to manually update to the latest

depending on your model goto

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/orbi.aspx

download the right fw and manually install

Message 9 of 12
BigLou
Aspirant

My devices are on the latest firmware version (V1.12.0.18). I'm on a Mac but browsing to the router prompts for a user/pass and when I enter them I get the error.

Message 10 of 12

try the username and password for the admin , which you would have changed during setup

Message 11 of 12
BigLou
Aspirant

Yes I did change them right away, and I did enter them when trying to connect to the USB HDD. I also tried an incorrect password just to verify that I got a different error message, which I did.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7