Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi USB port does not work

Lash_LaRue
Aspirant

Orbi USB port does not work

It's been almost a year since I bought the Orbi WIFI/rounter with a satilite.  The USB connection feature still does not work and have have not seen a firmware update for this feature.  Below I have included a copy of the message from Netgear that fix would be coming.  Has an update for this firmware issue been published?

Response from NETGEAR

Dear Customer,

Your case (# 28818787 ) has been reviewed and updated by a support expert. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Click here to reply, update, or close this case after reading the response below.

Response from NETGEAR
Hello, Kenneth! 

For now, we still do not have a firmware for this. 

Our engineering department will soon release a firmware for this, Kenneth. We just don't have an ETA for it. 

My sincerest apology for the inconvenience. 

Regards, 

Lyn 
Expert ID 46383 
NETGEAR Support Expert 
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi USB port does not work

Message 2 of 4
Lash_LaRue
Aspirant

It nice that you have the newer replacement for the Orbi RBR50, but that doesn't help.  I'm not looking to buy more equipment.  I just want the one I purchased to work as advertised.  They said they were working on a firmware update to fix the problem with the USB ports, but still nothing a year later.  What does it say about a company that ships a product for sale knowing that they have defectived?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The tag line is my setup. The CBK40 doesn't have a USB port. I tagged the forum moderators to your post so they can review and comment. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7