Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi V2.2.1.210 & HomeKit issues?

angr
Star

Orbi V2.2.1.210 & HomeKit issues?

Hi guys,

Is anyone else experiencing issues with HomeKit on V2.2.1.210? 

I had the new firmware pushed out on my Orbis yesterday and since then my HomeKit setup no longer works.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

Then configure this:

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR40-RBS40-V2-1-4-16-mesh-network-drops-connection-to/m-...
Change the CTR/RTS threshold values for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (2341 and 2345 respectively), changed preamble modes to long preamble, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

See if this helps any...

Message 2 of 7
angr
Star

I have discovered that as long as I stay connected directly to the router (same as the HomeKit devices), then it works fine.

When I try to connect via any of the Orbi satellites, HomeKit no longer works. Looks like something might have been broken in V2.2.1.210. 

This worked just fine in v2.1.4.16. 

The sats still works fine for regular communication. Got good wired and wireless speed, internet connectivity etc.  but Apple HomeKit communication is unavailable.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. 

Message 4 of 7
angr
Star

What does Daisy Chain has to do with anything I wrote?  Stop posting nonsence responses @FURRYe38 .

I don't even use Daisy Chaining in my setup, and as mentioned my network works fine in general, it's Apple HomeKit communication from the sats that doesn't work. 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The reason of posting the Daisy Chain information is to let you know the behavior changed unexpectedly in the resent FW update. So I wanted to to know this so you can try this and see if it would help. It's valid information other have metioned that helps with there Orbi systems. The iformation is for your benefit.

You'll need to contact NG support for your support needs.

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 7
ahann
Guide

I'm having the exact same issues. My firmware updated on Monday and since then it has been a nightmare with HomeKit issues. This has happened befre with older firmware update that Orbi pushed. It's really annoying. I spend $300 on a product and eveyr 6 months it just breaks and I need to pay to talk to someone on the phone to tell them it's broken. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7