Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi VPN Service Goes Offline Overnight

hasarad
Initiate

Orbi VPN Service Goes Offline Overnight

Having an odd issue with VPN on Orbi.

I use TCP ports - no UDP.

I can set up and enable VPN, and it works fine. I use it to stream files during lunch at work. If I try to connect again the next day, VPN never connects. I can't telnet to the VPN port at my WAN address either when it dies. If I disable and re-enable the VPN service on the Orbi, it will start working again. This happens every day. Any clues as to WHY? Thank goodness I have Teamviewer to get to a home computer to reset Orbi's VPN service or I would be SOL.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Don

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
nzQmeister
Aspirant

Re: Orbi VPN Service Goes Offline Overnight

I'm getting a similar problem to you and have logged a case with Netgear. It sounds like a bug to me.

If I reboot my Orbi, the VPN connects again. I suppose disabling and enabling your VPN accomplishes the same thing as my reboot...

Hopefully the Netgear gurus will release a fix for it soon.

But if you find anythng useful, keep posting 🙂

-Q

Message 2 of 3
hasarad
Initiate

Re: Orbi VPN Service Goes Offline Overnight

Thanks for the reply. After not using it for two days, I was able to get in without restarting today. I guess it's hit-and-miss. I'm contemplating putting a timer on the Orbi to restart it nightly to avoid needing the recycle the VPN service when it happens. Thoughts?

- Don

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7